Top 6 – June 2018
“While Google employees have successfully forced their company to publicly vow it would go easy on the cloud contracts with Defense Department, other huge tech companies have no such qualms.
Quite the reverse: a group of at least nine of them have set aside their brutal rivalries to work together in the hope of forcing the Pentagon to divvy up its $10 billion cloud to multiple vendors, Bloomberg’s Naomi Nix reports. The contract is known as the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI),” Business Insider
- Looks like it’s game time!
- What does this mean for the future of cloud innovation?
- Could this be the beginning of one huge tech conglomerate?
- Can something like this further blur the lines of Internet democracy and the government?
- How will Amazon fare if this band of tech companies succeeds in garnering the investment?
- Could this be the financial straw that breaks the tech juggernaut’s virtual back?
Share your thoughts, and send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org!