Top 6 – March 2007
Blocking of Marketing, Investing in your Blog.
- The blocking and tackling of Marketing remains to Focus on the Customer, Manage Internal and External Partners, and Manage the Budget towards a high ROI on Marketing.
- Wikinomics suggests that your illusions of control are being replaced with the potential to reap the benefits of using the wisdom of masses.
- A blog is your opportunity to interact with customers in an authentic human voice and participate in their conversations.
- Like any marketing effort, give your Blog a Purpose.
- What if someone posts a negative comment on your blog? Forgetaboutit. They would have done the same behind your back. Your blog is your chance to participate in the conversation.
- Differentiate on dimensions that are salient to the jobs that customers need to get done.
While there are only 6 Top 6 points, the Chief Editor feels obliged to remind readers of the damage done to innocent individuals by mobs chronicled during the industrial revolution between the 1700’s and 1900’s. Somewhere, between the mob and the institution, a new social order will emerge though it is beyond the scope of this journal to describe it.