Top 6 – April 2008
Published April 1, 2008
Thunder and Calamity, Striking Discharges, April Showers
- Manage your Reaction to Brand Infringements. It’s about money not emotions.
- Teasers build that Word of Mouth. Who is John Galt?
- Defend your Points of View in the face of differences in an equally matched discussion.
- Are you maximizing your Relationship or your Product? Who is your balance?
- Short term win are needed if the company is to last for the Long Term, but who wants to rush to nowhere to go? Balance your Short and Long term objectives.
- “Faced with price pressure from customers, sales may be tempted to myopic price cuts if marketing did not act as the devil’s advocate.” Schweiger, Sandberg and Ragan.
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.