Top 6 – December 2008
Published December 1, 2008
Pleasant Winter Solstice Peasant Feast?
- The “new economics” isn’t new, only the players have changed. Now is your opportunity to prove your merit … in the heat of transitions.
- Prices may drop temporarily to clear inventory, but make sure it is just temporary and not seen as a long term solution to meet future demand.
- Adjust production to the new demand curve, or face future profit destroying pressures.
- Can you create yourself to be hold a consumer monopoly?
- Can you create yourself to be hold a engage in an economic franchise?
- Are you delivering value today and tomorrow?
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.