Top 6 – February 2009
Published February 1, 2009
Ah February, Augustus and Julius liked it so much they took some for themselves. Možná ne.
- “Wisdom is knowing which action to take and when to take that action.” The Teacher, 3rd Century BC
- “One of the most important times to communicate intentions is when planning a price increase.” Nagle and Holden, Pricing Strategy
- “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.” Frank Herbert, Dune
- The point of war is not the total destruction of an enemy but to establish a future state of peace in which one can prosper.
- “To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.” George MacDonald, The Marquis of Lossie
- “Better to be a live dog than a dead lion” The Teacher, 3rd Century BC
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.