Top 6 – April 2009
Published April 1, 2009
April Showers Rain … Rein … Reign … Recovery Expectations Rain … Rein … Reign …
- Brand value and stock value are correlated.
- Entrepreneurs that refuse to wring their hands and moan over the depressing state of business invest in marketing and create opportunities today.
- Insanity lies at the point of trying to do the impossible and knowing it is impossible.
- The existential purpose of your company drives the right decisions which create value.
- Chasing every opportunity can leave you penniless. Understanding why customers value you, and investing in doing that differential quality better, leaves you rich.
- Not all price cuts are bad, nor are they good. They have a purpose. Rather than flailing at the wind, take strategic actions.
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.