Top 6 – May 2009
Published May 1, 2009
Turtles have shells, but they only progress when they get their head out of their shell. Get your head out and move forward.
- Never let a crises go to waste. Invest in growth opportunities in bad times.
- Social Media describes the fusion of technology, telecommunications and social interaction with the sequencing of words, text, graphics, symbols, pictures, audio and video.
- If you’re going to be a serious entrepreneur, develop partners with a mindset of co-create a future that both parties will thrive, rather than managing relationships with a goal of maximizing your share. You’re going to need their long-term support.
- Business schools may teach us to use past experiences to predict future outcomes as a reliable means of creating positive ROI, yet break.throughs require new thought..
- To inspire the consumer, you must help him believe in something that he once thought was impossible.
- Bad economies are followed by recoveries. Investing in the future growth and get your head out of the shell?
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.