Top 6 – December 2009
Published December 15, 2009
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
- Deep dives into what drives customer choices usually leads to dramatic results … but it takes courage to invest the time and effort to bring the insights to fruition.
- Leading organizations have moved to online interactions with customers. Have you?
- Carp in Poland, ham in Germany, roast beef in America. Holiday Season is the time for Big Meats.
- Now is the time to seize change. Acknowledge the situation and create plans that include new dimensions.
- The right questions usually start with customers.
- Strategic decisions. New Years is the time to think critically.
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.