Top 6 – March 2011
Published March 2, 2011
It’s March. We all are Irish for a Day. Drink some Guinness. Enda Kenny needs the boost to the Irish economy.
- Good performance isn’t good enough. What will you do next?
- Bundle Pains, Unbundle Gains.
- The mermaid is a complex design, and most customers will recognize this symbol as “the coffee Yesterday is over. Deliver tomorrow.
- Take your price increase all at once, and do it publically.
- Hope is intangible. Nurture the hope. Live in the reality.
- Slainte. (That will be 5 euros please.)
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.