Top 6 – April 2011
Published April 6, 2011
Spring is nigh. Krokus přijí Kdy? Co chcěš?
- There is a gigantic leap between a good idea and a successful, money-making business.
- “Market Share has nothing to do with Profitability.” Herb Kelleher
- If you are serious about your new business, it will become the most important thing in your business or working life.
- “Unprofitable volume is not volume I want.” Sergio Marchionne
- Build your dream team.
- Understand the value customers are seeking and the price they are willing to pay to achieve that set of benefits, and then define the product. Co chcěš?
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.