Top 6 – December 2011
Published December 7, 2011
To Marek Matějka, herec, dobrý muž, i camarad, I will miss our zábavný večer. 2 October 1974 – 25 November 2011
- Not everyone values you, but some do. Love the one your with. I am speaking about customers you know.
- With sluggish economy and growing disparity, underdog branding might be in order.
- TS: “food, housing, and real friends … everything else … forgetaboutit.” MM: “Eeexaaacteeellyyy”
- Prices drive tradeoffs. Make your customers make decisions. You have to, so should they.
- Deming cycle applies to pricing as well: measure, analyze, plan, and then do. Don’t just do.
- Dancing on tables, swimming across the world, eating nakládaný hermelín and burgers, and contemplating existential purpose with action. Every day was a good day for a beer with Marek.
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.