Top 6 – May 2012
“A lot of people think, if you do nothing, you will stay at zero. But the reality is, if you do nothing, you’ll be at a negative.” Ron Shaich, Founder and Chairman, Panera Bakery, 8 March 2011 in WSJ
- “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” Unknown
- “The history of the productive apparatus … is a history of revolutions. … [It] incessantly revolutionizes the economic structure from within, incessantly destroying the old one, incessantly creating a new one.” Joseph A Schumpeter on The Process of Creative Destruction (1942).
- “There’ll be time enough for counting, when the dealings done.” Kenny Rogers
- “The great material continuum … is the force that binds the universe together”, Nog, Deep Space 9.
- Either get in the game, sit on the bench, or spectate.
- Progress is risky, but the alternative more so.