Top 6 – September 2012
- They make excessive demands for customer service.
- The have higher rates of returns and credit defaults.
- Most of their relevant wallet share goes to a competitor.
- They lack the purchasing power to make many purchases.
- They purchase a higher ratio of loss leaders.
- They request and receive deep discounts.
(Adapted from Denish Shah, V. Kumar, Yingge Qu, Sylia Chen, (2012). “Unprofitable Cross-Buying: Evidence from Consumer and Business Markets.” Journal of Marketing: Vol. 76, No. 3, pp. 78-95.)