Top 6 – October 2012
Published October 3, 2012
Fine. Life sucks and then you die. Get over it. Be happy. Do your work.
- Any executive can blame a bad market environment for poor performance. Leaders don’t.
- Words are nice. Action is better.
- Either achieve or sit on the sidelines. The field of competitive battle is no place to just wait.
- Target charged forward. Apple launched the iPhone right before the Great Recession.
- Opportunities abound, if you have eyes to see, the courage to go achieve, and the resources to accomplish.
- “Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, … Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.” (Job 38 1,3)
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.