Top 6 – July 2013
Published July 9, 2013
Celebrate, Lament, Ignore. You choose how you respond to stimuli and situations.
- If your prospects are bad, create new ones.
- Don’t sell to prospects that aren’t buying. It takes too long and costs too much.
- Use marketing communications to “stay in touch” with prospects that are temporarily out of the market but will come back in.
- If your prospects are good, close.
- Focus on prospects that are buying. They are the ones willing to pay.
- To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. -Ecclesiastes 3:1
About The Author
Tim J. Smith, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Wiglaf Pricing, an Adjunct Professor of Marketing and Economics at DePaul University, and the author of Pricing Done Right (Wiley 2016) and Pricing Strategy (Cengage 2012). At Wiglaf Pricing, Tim leads client engagements. Smith’s popular business book, Pricing Done Right: The Pricing Framework Proven Successful by the World’s Most Profitable Companies, was noted by Dennis Stone, CEO of Overhead Door Corp, as "Essential reading… While many books cover the concepts of pricing, Pricing Done Right goes the additional step of applying the concepts in the real world." Tim’s textbook, Pricing Strategy: Setting Price Levels, Managing Price Discounts, & Establishing Price Structures, has been described by independent reviewers as “the most comprehensive pricing strategy book” on the market. As well as serving as the Academic Advisor to the Professional Pricing Society’s Certified Pricing Professional program, Tim is a member of the American Marketing Association and American Physical Society. He holds a BS in Physics and Chemistry from Southern Methodist University, a BA in Mathematics from Southern Methodist University, a PhD in Physical Chemistry from the University of Chicago, and an MBA with high honors in Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago GSB.