Top 6 – June 2012
Mr. Leahy (Airbus CEO) said he was “shocked” by the magnitude of Boeing’s discounts but said they won’t stick. “They’ll try it for a while and decide they could make more money at 40% with higher pricing than at 50% with low pricing.”
- Stop wasting sales reps time on admin.
- Don’t swallow the hype. A show about nothing may be a poor investment strategy. A firm in transition might be a winning investment strategy.
- Manage sales meetings to strategic intent.
- Detail and execution reigns when markets are obviously beautiful. Witness the 4G LTE evolution
- Define your sales strategy tightly. No “general” hopes will suffice. Who. What. When. How. And WHY.
- When things look bad, redefine the problem. Witness Monsanto’s glyphosate.